Liverpool looking for strike duo



After recent aquisition of Athletico's Argentine winger Maxi Rodriguez, Liverpool have not been shy stating their interest in Kenwnye Jones as a backup to Torres - however Steve Bruce is unlikely to offer him to Liverpool on loan nor is Rafa Benitez ready to offer 12m cash. However two names have been heavily linked with Liverpool in the past few weeks.












One is Bordeaux highly rated striker Maroune Chamakh. Chamakh had previously stated that he will state his decision at the end of the transfer window with Arsenal the other club interested in getting his signature. However he will be offered a pre-contract which would see him leave on a free at the end of the season.


The Mirror reports that a deal has been offered which Liverpool expect the player to sign this month.
“He (Chamakh) held a meeting with Liverpool officials last week, and agreed in principle terms that will bring him to England next season, and now the Anfield club is waiting for his signature on a pre-contract deal, which is permitted under the Bosman ruling”, writes David Maddock.

Chamakh recently said he hopes to have his long-term future determined before the end of the month,
“I’d like my situation fixed quickly, both for me and the club. If I’m not staying I want the club to have time to replace me.”
“Whatever happens, by the end of January I’ll give my answer.”

However According to L'Equipe, Chamakh will not make a decision on his future until March. He is out of contract at the end of the season and Liverpool are currently favourites to sign the
6′ 2″ Morocco international







The other striker is Milan Jovanovic - the Serbian international can play on the left or upfront. We understand that Benitez has offered him a 3 year deal in which he may net 10m over. The other team interested in getting his services is AC Milan.


At the start of the month, Jovanovic commented:
"I will be a Standard player until June.
"News that I have already said yes to AC Milan are not correct. I am still waiting, I haven't decided.
"Also because AC Milan are not the only club interested in me. There is also Liverpool and another big European club.
"I repeat - my options are still very open."
Although AC Milan have been keen to take him to Italy, it is believed Jovanovic prefers a switch to the Premier League.

Birmingham City have also been rumoured to offer Standard Leige 10m to get his signature this transfer window. Jovanovic is a regular Serbian international who has won 22 caps and scored 9 goals.


edit post

Comments